Privacy & Security Policy
THE CYBER GUARDIAN PTY LTD (Company No. 127317711) (TCG) respects and upholds your rights to privacy protection under the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and any similar legislation applicable to TCG's business. The National Privacy Principles can be found at www.privacy.gov.au
This policy describes how TCG manages any personal information it has about you.
- As a user of the website, you may be asked to submit personal information to TCG. The information that TCG holds about you may include your name, email address, home address and contact telephone number.
- If at any time you provide the personal information of another person to TCG, you must ensure that the other person has read and understood this policy and separately consents to that personal information being used and disclosed by TCG in accordance with this policy.
- TCG may also collect the following information from the website:
- Statistical information
TCG may collect statistical information regarding the use of the website. This collection includes your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address, the date and time of your visit, previous sites visited and browser type. This information is collected to provide TCG with information about the use of the website and to helps TCG maintain and develop the website to provide better information to users.
You can prevent this collection of information by setting your browser from accepting cookies. This will not prevent you from accessing the website, however it may prevent you from utilising all features of the website.
- Statistical information
Use and disclosure of information
The information TCG collects may be used:
- to process your purchase and provide receipts;
- to confirm your identity when you make enquiries about your purchase;
- to communicate with you about work that TCG is undertaking;
- to respond to your queries;
- to republish information on this website;
- to send you information about special events;
- for TCG's internal business, administrative, marketing, planning, and research requirements;
- for purposes that are expressly permitted under any agreement with you; and
- to do any of those things listed in sections 4(a) to 4(h) (inclusive) in conjunction with or through TCG's subsidiary companies.
TCG will not use or disclose, and will use reasonable endeavours to prevent the use or disclosure of, information provided by you except:
- as required for performance by TCG of services for, or delivery of products to, you;
- expressly permitted under any agreement with you;
- on a confidential basis to agents that TCG uses in the ordinary operation of its business, such as for data processing, printing or mailing;
- on a secured basis as required for the ordinary operation of the website, such as sending the information to a back up data centre;
- as required under compulsion of law or provided in co-operation with any governmental authority; or
- where it is already publicly available or is disclosed by TCG in a manner that does not readily permit identification of information relating to you.
Access and Correction
- You may request access to personal information about you held by TCG by writing to TCG's Privacy Officer at the address below. Where TCG holds information that you are entitled to access, TCG will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how you access it (e.g. emailing or mailing it to you).
- If you believe that personal information TCG holds about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it. TCG will consider if the information requires amendment. If TCG does not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then TCG will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
Marketing and promotion communications
- TCG may use the personal information provided to send newsletters outlining news, services, promotional offers or events (both electronic and hardcopy) to you.
- You may opt out of receiving any communications from TCG at any time (other than as required for the operation of our business, e.g. information about your request for a refund). If you wish to do this, please do so by written request addressed to our Privacy Officer at the address below. Please indicate on your request whether you wish to opt out of either, or both, postal and electronic marketing communications.
- Although TCG has implemented a number of security measures to protect the security and integrity of the information that you have provided to TCG via the website, the website is linked to the Internet which is inherently insecure. Accordingly, TCG cannot provide any definitive assurance regarding security of the information. So while TCG strives to protect such information, TCG cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to TCG and you do so at your own risk. TCG will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the website being linked to the internet.
- Similarly, TCG accepts no responsibility for unauthorised use of passwords, user ID's or any other security mechanism provided to you (if any), other than unauthorised use by TCG's own staff.
- Once the information is collected, TCG will take all reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access. TCG will destroy your personal information once it is no longer needed for the purpose for which the information was collected.
Links to other websites
- From time to time TCG's website may contain links to other websites. TCG is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those websites.
- Although TCG intends to observe this policy at all times, it is not legally binding on TCG in any way. From time to time TCG may regard it as necessary or desirable to act outside this policy. TCG may do so subject to any statutory rights you have under the Privacy Act or other applicable legislation.
- Any questions, feedback or suggestions about this policy, request to opt out of communications or any complaint regarding treatment of your privacy by TCG, should be made in writing to: email@example.com.