Why Current Software Fails Parents
- Current filters and blacklists are ineffective
- Existing software requires downloading on individual devices
- Existing software can be easily bypassed
Most downloadable parental control software available today relies on combinations of blacklists and filters to restrict content. These methods are only accurate to a certain point and can often return false positives in blocking sites that may be of actual significance to the user. More worrying, children can inadvertently stumble across inappropriate sites due to the many flaws in filtering.
Downloadable software requires end-user involvement in configuration and can be time consuming and confusing for parents. Many parents are unaware of the numerous methods of bypassing existing parental control software, including the use of proxy servers.
Why TCG’s Cutting Edge technology offers a better solution
- Deployed at ISP Level (Internet Service Provider) so downloading to individual devices is not required.
- TCG is not a filter. TCG employs a whitelist of tens of millions of screened websites so children enter a “safe” environment.
- TCG does not censor the internet allowing full access for adults. Parents can decide the level of access for their individual children.
- Users are validated when logging in and directed to the appropriate protected area, or if a parent, to the open internet.
- TCG’s search engine makes it easy to surf our clean Internet.
- Works on all major browsers and operating systems
- TCG protects mobile devices including laptops, tablets and mobile phones even when using external wireless connections.
- Full parental control so parents can allow or restrict sites. Parent’s are also able to decide how much time their children spend on the internet or site or the time they are allowed to access it.
- Unlike a filter, TCG does not slow down internet speed
- TCG reduces data usage